Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Just a few more days....

until our very first meeting of the LIFE IS A VERB CHALLENGE! woo hoo!

It's me, Valerie, here to give you the details about our first meeting.

We will be meeting this Friday, November 19 at 7:00p.m. at my house! My address is 273 Salem Church Rd, Mt. Sidney, VA 24467. I live on the back end of the farm, so if you just turn down the driveway and follow it around the barn you will see a long driveway that goes back into the woods. I'll make sure and have a sign hanging up! Feel free to call me at 804-205-4430 if you get turned around!

The meeting shouldn't last long past 8ish, ensuring that you have enough time to go out and have a fun Friday night (unless you are like me and usually collapse on the couch come Friday).

What do you need to bring? YOURSELF! That's the most important thing. It won't hurt either if you bring your book, paper & pencil.


So what are we doing, anyways? We are going to discuss the beginning of the book (prologue, introduction & chapter one) and talk about what we all want to accomplish personally with this challenge. We hope that you have already read and started to write/create for the first Chapter: Write to Remember and think about these questions:


What is your story? What makes you, you?

Feel free to journal, craft, write a song, make a collage, whatever way you find that you can CREATE.

We hope that you will participate and share your work BUT there is no pressure. I'd like to re-post the disclaimer that Priscilla posted:

Disclaimer: This is supposed to be FUN and not stressful. No competition, no teaching, just guiding and discussing and sharing and connecting and feeling better about life. If you forget your book, your snack, your wine, your mind, no worries--just come!

I'm so excited, are you? Good.


Me and my scrappy LIAV book (warning: reading LIAV while in the bathtub will result in crinkly pages...but I kinda like 'em)

See you on Friday and BRING A FRIEND! :) let's spread some love.

No comments:

Post a Comment