Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Get Ready!

A few days ago I received the Life is a Verb audio book with a personal note from Patti. She does a great job at making you feel special when you order something! The little red box under my address says "Please deliver to this fabulous person." How cool?


I also got these talisman rocks as well. "The word 'Talisman,' derived from the Greek verb "teleo," means, primarily, to accomplish, or bring into effect. The Talisman is an object marked with magic signs and is believed to confer on its bearer supernatural powers or protection. Virtually every religion in human history has offered as adherents small decorative objects which purpose is to do anything ranging between healing, protection or success."


Created by artists around the world, these talismans are made to remind us all of the lessons from 37days and Life is a Verb. AND, once again, I got cute little designs and a personal note from the artist, aka, "The Rock Fairy." How nice!

I ordered these items to be used at school with my Advanced Composition class next semester in memory and tribute to one of my students. Read about my inspiration here. We can test them out in our group, first!

1 comment:

  1. I've got to get my book out and start working on next week's meeting! So excited!

    ReplyDelete